Detailed Professional Work Experience
- Advocate at the Supreme Court of India.
- Chairman and Founder Director (2005 to 2011) of Vidya Sanskar International School for Holistic Learning (www.vidyasanskar.com). Situated in Faridabad, the school was India's first residential school to offer University of Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) curriculum from primary classes till A Levels. This residential and day boarding school is spread over 20 acres with over 3,00,000 square feet of state-of-the-art learning facilities. The school’s first academic session began in April 2006 with students from all over India and other countries including Japan, South Korea, Thailand, Mongolia, Nepal, the UK and USA.
- Consultant Advisor (2006 to 2010), Yoshida Shokanji International School in Colombo managed by the Ven. Banagala Upatissa Nayaka Thero, President of the Mahabodhi Society of Sri Lanka and Chief Priest of the Chetiyagiri Vihar Temple in Sanchi.
- Founder Director, International School of Media & Entertainment Studies (ISOMES) from its conception in August 2002, till its launch in August 2005. Nalin conceptualised and developed the entire project and its infrastructure, and built its international collaboration with the famous Missouri School of Journalism, USA, the world's oldest journalism school. He also designed the institute’s curriculum.
- Consultant in the rank of a Joint Secretary, Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India (2001 to 2002) - Primary responsibilities included planning, creating and implementing a complete new national media strategy for the Ministry. This was to generate awareness in rural areas across the country about the Ministry’s different schemes and programmes for combating poverty and enhancing development. These programmes were telecast on a specific time band simultaneously in all regional languages of the country on the national channel Doordarshan and All India Radio.
- Former Special Correspondent (Indian Subcontinent) MSNBC on the Internet, for political and economic articles from India. MSNBC on the Internet, was a joint venture between Microsoft Corporation and NBC.
- Former freelance stringer for ABC Radio (USA) for news stories from India.
- Consultant and Media Trainer, Maharaja Television, the leading private radio and television network of Sri Lanka, over 25 visits since 2005.
- Presenter, English News on Doordarshan (National Broadcaster of India), 1994 to 2002. Nalin was one of the two Prime Time News Presenters between 2000 and 2002.
- Anchor for over2000 hours of live and recorded broadcasting of news, election analysis, and commentaries on important and landmarks events in the country, as well as for popular programmes on culture, health and travel, amongst others.
- LLB, Delhi University, 1995.
- Post Graduation in Business Management, FORE School of Management,1994.
- B A History (Honours), Delhi University, 1992, (University position holder).
- CBSE XIIth Standard, Delhi Public School, R K Puram, 1989 (First Class).
- TRAVEL: Numerous countries several times over
- ASIA (Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Hong Kong, Iran, Israel, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Nepal, Thailand, Turkey).
- EUROPE (Austria, Denmark, France, Italy, Slovenia, United Kingdom)
- USA (including Hawaii)
- NEWS & CURRENT AFFAIRS: Tracking important socio-political-economic developments at the regional, national and international level.
- PEOPLE: Look forward to interacting with people from different regions, countries and sharing experiences and ideas.
- MUSIC: Trained in semi-classical Indian music, Nalin listens to all genres of music with an emphasis on old Indian melodies.